Friday, March 11, 2011

Longing for Fall 2011.

I was accepted in the Honors housing on campus! I hope to get through as much of the program as I can, but I'm starting two years late so I don't see that happening. But anyway, I was put in an apartment with one of my good friends and a few other people. My hope in applying was to get away from the all-night partiers that live next to me and into an environment that is focused heavily on academics. My wish couldn't be stronger at this very moment.

Last night was, of course, Thirsty Thursday. The night where every self-respecting, law-abiding college student prays that their neighbors dress up, pre-game, and get out as soon as possible. My luck was little last night. The girls on one side were out before 9 and were quiet before then while getting ready. The other girls seemed to be trying to make up for the silence. They had their door propped open, (bad) music playing loudly, and various friends running down the stairs to scream about wardrobe malfunctions.

A side point. I had a morning run scheduled for this morning. Key word being "had." My alarm clock is set to go off at 5:40am, to give me time to brush my teeth and get dressed so I can get out by 6am. The night before these runs, I try to get to bed before 10:30.

Well, I had a new episode of Bones to watched at 9. Unfortunately, I could hardly hear most of it thanks to the music pouring out of my suitemates' room in to the hallway and through the wall between our rooms. I climbed into bed at 9:30 and watched the rest of the episode, turned up far too loud, from there. I fell asleep around 10:45. Didn't last long. Up again at 2 because they showed back up to change outfits and go out again. Back asleep. Up again at 4 because they were returning for the night and had to scream goodbyes to each other.

Needless to say, I was dreading that annoying beeping that signaled morning at 5:40. So, I hit random buttons on the clock, hoping that one would be the "snooze" and would give me another five minutes to mental prepare myself. Back to sleep. Wake up, wondering why the alarm clock has not beeped at me again. Check the time. 6:25am. Lovely.

Now, I've missed my run. I thought about just going out then. It was only supposed to be a 2-miler and I can do that in 25 minutes, but my whole mojo was thrown off. I'm hoping that I'll get home early enough this afternoon that I can jump on the treadmill and do it there. Or, I'll run the 2-miles tomorrow morning.

I cannot wait until I'm with people who understand the real reason we are in college - to learn and graduate with a degree. We are not here to party and drink, especially since you (speaking to my suitemates) are only nineteen and twenty, which is, wait, let me check, UNDERAGE. Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment