Friday, June 4, 2010

New York City.

Honestly, I have been there twice, but I know it's where I want to live for the rest of my life. I went my freshman year of high school with the music department to see RENT on Broadway. Junior year I went with my Mom and sister to see what is legitimately my favorite show/movie ever, Legally Blonde. Both times I have been starstruck even though we ventured no further than Times Square and to the very southern part of Central Park.

Well, I managed to finagle a birthday trip there this summer. My birthday was in March, but my Mom knows how much I love NYC and I am arranging a trip down for the girls in the family (me, Mom, my sister, grandmother, aunt, and cousin). We're going to see Lion King and eat at what has to be my favorite restaurant ever: Ellen's Stardust Diner. The waiters and waitresses all sing as they serve food which I think is amazing. After all, even if they never land that role, they have already sung on Broadway! Unfortunately, the money is a litte tight at home and I'm trying to find all the ways I can to save money. I can cover the tickets for the bus ride down, but the hotel and tickets for the show come out to about $1200.

I never really realized how expensive the city was before. I keep looking for apartments for when I graduate (well in advance, mind you), but I simply cannot fathom paying at least $1000 a month for an apartment PLUS food and everything else on top of that!! Hopefully I can start saving up my money from this job right now and have enough to at least start out in the city or move there eventually.


During this trip I hope to get down to Centre Street and maybe walk by New York Law School and NYU if not pick up some information. Again, it seems like my parents don't believe my sincerity in my urge for law school or they just plain don't want me going, but I hope that if I keep pushing and pushing it, eventually they will see that I am dead serious about this. But just in case I have any more bouts of indecisiveness regarding law school, I'm making a list of books to start finding and reading to see if I really am ready to be a lawyer in real life and not like one on my TV shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment