Monday, December 20, 2010

Semester Three - Done!

At about noon today, I finished my last final of my third semester. Which means five more until I am done with college which only leads to three more years of law school.

But the thing that is changing the most between now and January 24th when I return for semester four is that I am loosing my current roommate. We had met through one of the clubs we are in and even after getting to know each other better during the course of a day, I could tell that this year was going to be a vast improvement to my freshman year which, was to say the least, a disaster roommate-wise. Both of us were huge fans of Bones, tended to get to bed by midnight, took school seriously, but also knew when we could dance around the room singing. Needless to say, the past four months have been pure joy.

Well, I had known that she was an alternate resident advisor and could be hired at any time. After being teased with other RA friends telling her she had or hadn't been hired, getting e-mails saying she wasn't hired, and such, she had accepted that we'd be spending spring semester together. This afternoon, one of the graduate assistants that work with the hall directors gave her a call to let her know that she had been hired for spring semester.

Which means, I am now roommate-less. My RA has said that I will probably not be getting another roommate because more people are moving off-campus than on-campus. My problem now is finding out what to do with the room arrangement! Our ceiling is too low to bunk the beds and I really don't see the point in keeping it unless I can lower it to make it a couch situation. The desk is going to go since I don't need two. I also need to buy a microwave, rug, and some furniture for the balcony since those were her's.

I have a month to figure this all out. I'm super excited for her and wish her well with all those freshmen that she will have to deal with for the next four months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment