Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back to School? {and a brighter note...}

This is the first time in my one and a half years of college that I haven't felt any strong urge to pack and go back to campus. I'm sluggishly sorting my jewelry and clothes but I don't feel any excitement to go start new classes. Yes, there are classes that I want to take, but I just don't feel like starting them on Monday.

It's the strangest feeling ever.

I'm going back to a room to myself and a television that gets all of my favorite channels and even that isn't cheering me up.

I've been very happy this Winter Break. I've sat and made jewelry, gone running at least four times a week, gone to the gym at least three times a week, made cupcakes and brownie bars, and been able to cuddle with my Boy Cat whenever the urge hit me. I think this is part of my sluggishness, which is ridiculous when the rational part of my brain thinks of it.

Rationally, I know I can still make jewelry at school. I can still go running four times a week (though part of this might be that I have a treadmill inside at home where I can stay warm while running). But I still don't really want to go back right now. Eventually, yes. But not tomorrow.

After spending a month in my house, just thinking of my dorm room makes me feel a little claustrophobic.


In other news, the family trip to Walt Disney World for Christmas 2011 is set! We called this morning to put in our reservation and the days were open. Only 334 days until I step foot in the place my heart truly calls my second home.

No comments:

Post a Comment