Friday, January 14, 2011

Stress.

Okay, I understand that my mood during the first few days of my period tend toward bitchy and rude. I snap at people, I speak back to parents, and generally stew in a bad mood. But let's be honest: I've been doing this twelve times a year for almost six years. According to my English-major-math, that means at least seventy two times.

Should we have not expected Logan to be a Supreme Bitch Goddess for two or three days around the middle of the month? This means that we should adapt to allow me to reign as Supreme Bitch Goddess for those two to three days and accept my behavior. There is honestly not much I can do about it.

And this ultimately leads to emotional eating as even I become disgusted with my own behavior. Just today, I ate an English muffin with peanut butter and added chocolate chips in the hopes of curbing the chocolate cravings that always accompany my period. Nothing. So for lunch, I tried for a chicken wrap. Okay, but dessert ended up being chocolate creme pie with more chocolate chips added. Not two hours later I was eating an M&M cookie with peanut butter. Fridays are pizza nights, so I tried to be good with a salad before my single slice of pepperoni. No dessert yet, but the night is early yet.

I am pretty much desperate to get out of the house but knowing I can't since the only car left has piss-poor breaks and there's no way I'm driving that out. I asked Mom to bring me to work (she works nights at the operating room) and she jokingly said I could come. So I'm stuck at home as I beg that I manage to stay sane enough to not go on a killing rampage or lock myself in a room with the bag of chocolate chips and munch away.

At the moment, I'm blasting (quite literally) my Broadway showtunes playlist on iTunes which is helping to slowly raise my mood and thoroughly annoy the rest of the family, all of whom despise showtunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment