Monday, January 24, 2011

Superwoman.

At least for the morning. This afternoon has been a completely different story.

I went for a 20 minute run in temperatures that ranged from ten to seven degrees below zero. I had set my alarm clock for 6am. I pulled on my running shoes, UnderArmour pants, a 5K race shirt, and an oversized sweatshirt. I didn't have a hat or gloves, so I pulled the hood up, cinched it tight, and used fuzzy pink socks as mittens.

It was freezing. My thighs were numb, my throat hurt, and my nose was running as fast as I was. I did find a pile of pennies on the ground and picked them up, knowing I could use all the luck I could get. The warm shower felt amazing after, but what felt even better was knowing that I had finished my exercise before the sun even rose!!

Downhill from there. I dragged myself through classes, the only high points being my Cultural Anthropology and International Politics classes where the teachers are hilarious. Since then, I've been down again. I have tried to make some more jewelry, but I just can't. I keep flashing back to when I would be sitting on my couch at home making the same pieces and I can't help but feeling happier there. I want to go back to home, where I can treadmill in the warm house, where I can go to Curves three times a week, where I can make my jewelry in peace, and where I don't have to face an empty dorm room every time I open the door.

I'm barely holding it together here. I am going to beg and cry to go home this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment